Do not use the power supply with an input voltage greater than the maximum specified in the datasheet. This may result in permanent damage to the power supply.
Do not load the power supply with an output current greater than the maximum continuous output current specified in the product specification. This may adversely affect the power supply's reliability or cause permanent damage to the power supply.
Caution for Electric Strength Test:
- When conducting an electric strength test, increase the test voltage gradually until the set test voltage. The test voltage is also lowered gradually to zero. This is in accordance with IEC60950-1 Clause 5.2.2. Please verify that a proper test voltage waveform is obtained upon purchasing of test equipment or receiving from calibration. Please confirm there is no abnormal test voltage.
- In addition, upon applying the test voltage, be aware of potential high voltage from discharge; therefore, do not contact any live parts.
- Please be aware that the power supply may get damaged due to impulse of high voltage occurring at the time of on/off test timer switch.
- Ensure that product is handled and/or transported to avoid damage.
Wiring and connections:
- Connect the input/output in accordance with product specifications. The installation of power device shall only be performed by a trained technician/electrician in accordance with international and municipal electrical codes and standards of the location where the end-product is intended be installed in service.
- Installation of power supplies requires establishment of appropriate clearances between the product and surrounding environments and structures in accordance, as a minimum, with applicable safety regulations.
Wire materials and method:
- Wiring methods and materials must have current ratings appropriate to the power supply.
- Follow the temperature derating guidelines provided in the product specification to obtain the best reliability and product life. The reference ambient temperature and air flow should be measured at the power supply for best result.
Avoid exposure to:
- Excessive humidity, heat and direct sunlight
- Ambient environments containing corrosive elements such as chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, etc.
- Liquids (water, oil, solvents, etc.)
- Excessive dust accumulation
- Other hazardous environments.
Note: The use of silicone rubber or bonding agents that contain a high percentage of dimethylpolysiloxane may trigger electromechanical component failures. Use silicone rubbers and bonding agents that contain 0.1% dimethylpolysiloxane or less in close proximity to the equipment.
Do not operate the power supply with temperatures greater than the maximum recommendations identified in the product specification. This may result in shortened life and/or permanent damage to the power supply
Internal fuses are not replaceable. Units with an internal fuse short must not be field serviced and must be returned to Murata for repair. Any attempts to replace internal fuses are prohibited and will void the warranty.
WARNING: These products may expose you to chemicals including Antimony
Trioxide, Bisphenol-A, and Lead which are known to the state of California to
cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more
information, go to: www.P65warnings.ca.gov.
Unless otherwise stated in the datasheet, these products comply with the threshold of criteria 1 restricted material in IEC62474 standard, which includes major environmental legislations worldwide (e.g.: RoHS, REACH). No Ozone Depleting Substance is used in the manufacturing or ingredients of Murata products.
Unless otherwise stated in the datasheet, all standard products are designed for non-safety critical commercial and industrial applications.
Prior Murata(1) approval is required for applications that may directly endanger or cause loss of life, inflict bodily harm and/or damage property.
These applications include but are not limited to:
- Aircraft equipment
- Aerospace equipment
- Undersea equipment
- Power plant control equipment
- Medical equipment
- Transportation equipment ( vehicles, trains, ships, etc.)
- Traffic signal equipment
- Disaster prevention / crime prevention equipment
- Data Processing equipment
Buyer represents and agrees that it has all the necessary expertise to create and implement safeguards that anticipate dangerous consequences of failures, monitor failures and their consequences, lessen the likelihood of failures that might cause harm, and take appropriate remedial actions. Buyer will fully indemnify Murata, its affiliated companies, and its representatives against any damages arising out of the use of any Murata products in safety-critical applications.
Remark: Murata in this section refers Murata Manufacturing Company and Murata affiliated companies including but not limited Murata Power Solutions